Find constipation remedies
That fit who you are
And reclaim control over your life
There are no “one size fits all” constipation remedies. Your constitution, lifestyle and genetic footprint makes you unique.
As a result, the only durable way to get rid of constipation is to build your own program. Something that fits you, and not the generic condition called "constipation". You are not your diseases.
On this web site, you will find people who genuinely care about constipation. People who know how crippling this condition can be.
Our goal is to first help you fully understand what constipation is. Then and only then will you be able to find your own constipation remedies. You can do it, with the proper knowledge. We won’t wave you off, telling you to go eat more fibers. Yes, we have been through it ourselves.
If you want to reclaim control over your life and break the chains that keep you enslaved to the bathroom, you have come to the right place.
Remedies for occasional constipation
Even if constipation happens only occasionally, it can be severe and debilitating. The cramping, bloating, and painful bowel movements can bring us close to tears. We hope the condition will go away in a few days. We swear to ourselves we will find a solution to ensure it does not happen again.
Constipation is also very frustrating when we are a caretaker. We see a child, a parent, a sister suffering. We feel powerless. We want to help them fix the situation, but we don’t know where to start.
On this web site, you will find effective constipation home remedies to help you deal with occasional bouts. You will be able to find short-term relief, but also find preventive approaches to ensure constipation does not come back again. As a caretaker, you will be able to provide relief to loved ones.
Remedies for chronic constipation
When constipation becomes chronic, it is another story. You may have come to this web site because you are tired of the pain and other physical symptoms. You may also be tired of the mood variations, the inability to concentrate and the sensation of "brain fog".
Yes, a backed up bowel can have repercussion on the mind too, and this is a lot more insidious.
On this web site, you will find the different pieces of the puzzle you need to create your own personalized strategy, your own constipation home remedy kit. If you are a sufferer, you will be able to build a good foundation for a constipation-free life.
Granted, it will entail some sacrifices. We cannot promise you an easy way out. But relief you will find.
If you are a caretaker, you will be able to educate your loved ones, take them by the hand, and work with them to change their lifestyle. Because you fully understand the condition and the different natural approaches at hand, you will be a good guide to them.
What can be better than bringing back a smile to a face that has been obscured by the chronic pain?
Same condition, different individuals
This web site was created to help you find natural constipation remedies that works for YOU. We are all different, one remedy may work for you and not for me.
Above all, you want to be able to:
- Understand what constipation is and why it happens.
- Understand the comprehensive list of natural solutions available to you, today.
- Create your own personalized approach based on a solid knowledge of the previous two points.
In this web site, we walk you through points 1 and 2, and we support you in going through point 3.
We will provide lots of detailed information for the different causes of constipation, and for the different constipation remedies. Please read them. It is very important to understand how a remedy works. This enables you to visualise its effect as you take it, making those effects more potent, thanks to your power of self-suggestion (more on this visualisation method later).
This is what makes this website different. Depth of information. We just don't tell you what to take. We explain the why and the how.
Because information is knowledge, and knowledge is power. Power to take things into your own hands. Power to reclaim your social life, and feel like a normal person again.
You are not alone
In the US, more than 4 million Americans suffer from constipation, accounting for 2.5 million physician visits a year(1).
Don’t feel isolated in your search for a natural anti-constipation program. We are here to guide you. We are here to sift through the huge amount of studies and research available, and to put this information into readable summaries, without losing any depth.
So please walk with us through those pages. Take your time. You have been suffering for weeks, months, or maybe years. It might take you a bit of time to create your very own constipation remedies program. But it will be time well invested. Don’t rush it.
(1) National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC), constipation fact sheet.
- Definition of Constipation
- Constipation means different things to different people. On this page, we give a simple and straightforward definition of constipation. This is a key step before jumping into causes and remedies.
- Constipation Symptoms
- This page gives an exhaustive list of the different constipation symptoms you may experience. We are all different, and we will likely express this condition in slightly different ways.
- Constipation and Back Pain
- Constipation and back pain – are these two conditions related? In this article, we will see that indeed, there can be a relationship between the two.
- This article provides a brief description of what obstipation is.
- Newborn Constipation
- Millions of parents have dealt with newborn constipation. If they have gone through that frustrating experience, you can survive it too. Here are some remedies to consider.
- Baby Constipation
- Even though baby constipation is a frustrating experience, we as parents have a breadth of options in front of us. Millions of parents have dealt with this situation. You can do it too.
- Toddler Constipation
- The terrible twos, the tamper tantrums, and now toddler constipation! On this page, we discuss solutions to this painful and frustrating problem.
- Constipation during Pregnancy
- Constipation during pregnancy is a transient condition. That is the good news. The bad news is that you are stuck with it for several months. So you need solutions. Find out more on this page.
- Menopause and Constipation
- Menopause and constipation often go together, due to hormonal fluctuations in your body. Find out how to get relief through natural and nourishing ways.
- Causes of Constipation
- There are many possible causes of constipation. In this article, we go through the main categories, which is part of building our foundational knowledge of the condition.
- Foods that cause constipation
- On this page, we present an exhaustive list of foods that cause constipation. Since we are all different, this will serve as a starting point to discover your own list of triggers.
- Calcium and Constipation
- Calcium and Constipation: on this page, we explain whether the regular consumption of calcium supplements could lead to chronic constipation.
- Iron Supplements Constipation
- If you are anemic, you may have to face a common side effect of a typical prescription: iron supplements constipation. Here is why iron may constipate you, and what to do about it.
- Banana Constipation
- Too many opinions have been given regarding banana constipation. Does banana constipate, or does it help prevent constipation? Find out on this page.
- Constipation After Surgery
- Constipation after surgery is a frequent occurrence. A surgical procedure comes with a potent mix of constipation triggers. What are those triggers exactly, and what can we do to counter them?
- IBS Constipation
- In this article, we take a close look at IBS constipation, or IBS-C: what it is exactly and what causes it.
- On this page, we discuss the condition called rectocele as a possible cause of constipation. We provide a brief overview of what it is, and we explain how it directly affects bowel movements.
- Colonic Inertia
- In this article, we take a close look at one of the possible causes of constipation: colonic inertia. What is it exactly, and what are the possible remedies at your disposal?
- Colon Blockage
- In this article, we discuss one of the possible causes of constipation: colon blockage. When a physical obstruction impedes the progression of stools and requires immediate attention.
- Clomid constipation
- Can clomid constipation happen in sensitive individuals undergoing infertility treatment? The answer is yes. Find out why in this article.
- Complications of Constipation
- On this page, we focus on the main complications of constipation. If constipation is left untreated and lingers for too long, it can cause unpleasant and painful aggravations.
- Piles (hemorrhoids) : natural treatment
- This article provides a natural treatment a dreaded complication of chronic complication : piles, also called hemorrhoids.
- Fecal Impaction
- Fecal impaction can be a frustrating and sometimes dangerous complication of constipation. On this page, we discuss what this condition is exactly, and the main disimpaction methods in front of you.
- This page gives a guide to encopresis, a condition that mostly happens in children and involves fecal impaction and incontinence.
- Constipation Remedies
- There is nothing like taking an active part in building your own constipation remedies toolkit. On this page, we start to introduce the different pieces of the puzzle.
- Foods for Constipation
- On this page, we focus on nutrition and foods for constipation. We provide cooking tips and recipes, as well as nutritional guiding principles.
- Thinking of fibers to cure your chronic constipation ? Think again. This article explains why they are counterproductive for gastrointestinal issues, constipation included.
- Constipation Home Remedy: Yellow dock
- A good constipation home remedy needs to address an underactive liver. Bile, produced by the liver and condensed by the gallbladder, is our ally: it acts as one of our natural laxatives.
- Stress and constipation : the missing link
- Myth: there is no proven link between stress and constipation. Fact: those two imbalances are closely intertwined. In this article, you will discover herbal solutions to deal with both.
- Body Cleanse and Colon Cleanse
- A herbal body cleanse has a colon cleanse effect, but it also stimulates the other elimination organs (liver, kidneys, etc). Here is a simple approach to help your body eliminate waste products.
- Prune Juice For Constipation (and Prunes too!)
- Did you know that prunes and prune juice for constipation can sometimes be as effective as commercial laxatives? Prunes provide a simple and affordable solution. We explain why on this page.
- Green Tea Constipation
- Why green tea constipation can be a side effect of drinking too much of this superbly healthy beverage. We also explain the benefits of green tea for constipation, which far outweigh the risks.
- Magnesium for Constipation
- Using magnesium for constipation is simple, cost effective, time tested and efficient. For many people, it just works. Here is how to make the best out of magnesium.
- Remedy for Constipation: Vitamin C
- Vitamin C is a simple yet effective remedy for constipation. Find out how to use it in this article.
- Constipation Remedy : Daikenchuto
- Studies show that daikenchuto, a traditional japanese herbal preparation, can be used as constipation remedy. More details in this article.
- Constipation remedy : Triphala
- The best constipation remedy will provide a slight laxative effect while improving overall digestion. Here is one from India called Triphala.
- Olive Oil For Constipation
- Olive oil for constipation is gentle and nutritive. It protects the gastrointestinal tract and stimulates the production of bile, our natural laxative. And it is a lot more natural than mineral oil.
- Constipation Flax Oil
- To combat constipation flax oil can sometimes be used. But it is not your best option, and there are better alternatives. Find out why in this article.
- Castor oil for constipation
- Castor oil for constipation may be natural, but it does not work in a gentle way. If you are ready for explosive results, keep reading to discover how to use this natural laxative.
- Mineral Oil For Constipation
- Mineral oil for constipation is widely used, despite the fact that there are more natural and nutritive alternatives. What is mineral oil exactly, and what can we use as replacement?
- Colon Cleansing Tea
- The colon cleansing business is flourishing, and colon cleansing tea is popping up all over the place as long term constipation remedy. What’s behind all this hype?
- Karo Syrup for Constipation
- Your may remember talks about Karo syrup for constipation from your childhood. It sounds like a good old grandma’s remedy doesn’t it? But does it really work?
- Best Laxative for Intractable Constipation
- If you have intractable constipation, you need to know what the best laxative from the medical world is, and how it works.
- In this article, we cover the relationship between gastroparesis and constipation. We also provide natural remedies to reduce your risk of constipation and improve your stomach functions.
- About Me
- My about me page, containing a brief description of who I am and my credentials.
- Contact Me
- If you have suggestions or feedback, please use this form.